Our volunteers are the backbone of what we do. None of the great work that we have done could have been possible without the the hard-working people on the ground who make it happen… that’s you! Thank you for supporting our mission to transform lives through sport.
At this stage, you should know a great deal more about United Through Sport. We need more of our volunteers to join in our efforts after their placement. This is a great opportunity for you to continue to work with a charity that you have a personal connection with.
On this page you can find some of the ways that you can continue to support United Through Sport.
Become a “Charity Champion”
Are you currently at a University or in a workplace that you feel you could generate interest within? You could be the person we are looking for! We are looking for people to represent United Through Sport wherever they may be based.
Why become a Champion for United Through Sport?
- You’ll have a laugh! From outdoor pursuit days to fancy dress parties, there are some really fun ways to raise funds.
- Boost your C.V with a recommendation from an international charity which could give you that professional edge.
- Studying at University? Make your lecturer happy by practising presentations whilst raising awareness for United Through Sport.
- Together, we can ensure that even more good work is done on the ground in the places that need it most.
So, what would becoming a Champion mean exactly?
- Use your existing contacts and affiliations to generate funds and support
- You would aim to raise at least £500 for our cause.
- Find 3 family members or friends to sponsor a child at United Through Sport from £10 a month.
- We would also encourage you to do one presentation or hold one event to raise awareness of the work United Through Sport does
What support would United Through Sport provide me with?
- United Through Sport has a dedicated team of people in place to guide and advise you.
- We already have the relevant media you would need such as presentation material, brand media and sponsor forms.
- Whenever possible, we will attend events that you hold and offer our moral support.
- You will also receive a United Through Sport Champion Award Certificate.
Be a part of something truly brilliant and get yourself recognised in the process! Become a Charity Champion now.
Help us to sponsor our children
We are always looking for people who can help our charity to do as much good as it possibly can. Sponsoring a child in one of the disadvantaged communities where we work has the potential to transform a young person’s life.
How much can I sponsor a child from?
- You can sponsor a child from just £10 a month.
What will this money go towards?
In our Schools of Excellence many aspects of our pupil’s daily life is sponsored so that they can receive a first-rate education. The sponsorship money ultimately goes towards:
- Transport to and from school
- School uniform
- Sports kit and equipment
- School books
- School fees
- Extra academic support
How much good can this money actually do?
- £10 a month can provide a child with real, year-round life skill and development.
- £20 a month can provide 2 kids in our programs with a meal everyday for a year.
- £25 a month can provide a child with a full year’s sponsorship in our Junior School of Excellence program, a vital platform for progressing to a top level high school.
- £50 a month can provide a child with a years education at a top level high school where they have the chance to progress to University.
Want to donate more?
For those of you who have the means to make a larger monthly donation, we’ll be able to make sure your family name is always a part of United Through Sport.
For donations of £250 a month, we can place your family’s name against an important sporting facility, transport vehicle or place of accommodation. A lasting and personal reminder of your contribution to the crucial work we are doing with children around the world.
All you have to do is find five people from your trip to give £10 a month to United Through Sport.